Traveler 8.5.3 and Apple Devices

We’ve been testing Traveler 8.5.3 in advance of our roll-out to our users this weekend. One thing we noticed was that on our Apple test devices, lookups for groups returned extra data.  See below:

Upon investigation, I found this wiki article.  Adding the following property to the data\traveler\cfg\NTSConfig.xml file

<PROPERTY NAME=”TSS_ADDRESSCACHE_ENCODING_ENABLED_AS” VALUE=”false”/>

addresses this issue and does not affect lookups for any other device (Android, etc.).  Be sure to test this out first before modifying this in your production environment!

One response to “Traveler 8.5.3 and Apple Devices

  1. I found that it only shows that garbled mess if the group does not have an internet address. Any group that has an internet address shows the correct address.