We’ve been testing Traveler 8.5.3 in advance of our roll-out to our users this weekend. One thing we noticed was that on our Apple test devices, lookups for groups returned extra data. See below:
Upon investigation, I found this wiki article. Adding the following property to the data\traveler\cfg\NTSConfig.xml file
<PROPERTY NAME=”TSS_ADDRESSCACHE_ENCODING_ENABLED_AS” VALUE=”false”/>
addresses this issue and does not affect lookups for any other device (Android, etc.). Be sure to test this out first before modifying this in your production environment!
A colleague of mine ran into this scenario after migrating to Domino 8.5.3 with iNotes. After upgrading, users logging into iNotes would experience a browser time out. Research found that the setting in the notes.ini: iNotes_wa_DefaultUI=dwa_lite if removed, would allow the users to login successfully. However, the preference was to have iNotes_lite as the default. They aren’t using the iNotes redirect to set those settings on the fly.
After contacting IBM Support, they were notified that this is an existing SPR (CTSI8MLMDR). One suggested work around if you want to set a default iNotes format is to use a Mail Settings policy to assign a User UI mode. See the screen shot below for a suggested configuration:
I know everyone is excited about the release of Notes/Domino 8.5.3. And there is lots of information to digest regarding features and requirements.
One good bit of news I don’t want you to miss – is the entitlement for Tivoli Directory Integrator! If you were keeping up, there were some licensing changes in 8.5.2 that limited the version of TDI and what types of data you could move with an assembly line.
However, that’s all changed with 8.5.3. Check out the licensing info regarding what product entitlement included with your license of a Domino Enterprise Server.